Hi! Day 1 for me (again)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

montanasky

Hi! Day 1 for me (again)

Post by montanasky » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi there! My first post here... I started no s'ing a few weeks ago (and checked out the diet about a year ago but it just didn't promise sexy enough weight loss and so I did some crash diets and now I'm back and 5 pounds heavier than the first time I visited and that's the longest sentence in history).

Things have been going well... New Year's was tough but I stuck to having my S's on the S days. I find that being very active makes it hard to not snack. For example, I went snowboarding and the next two days I wanted to chew the walls.

I'm 5'4" and have hovered around 140 (this is fine for me, a little leaner wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm attractive and happy at that weight). My weight has ticked up a bit as I've struggled with emotional eating. I'm also very active (I teach fitness classes) and this ups my appetite a lot and it also creates the mental attitude of "I can eat whatever I want, I taught 2 classes today". I'm reducing the number of classes I teach to make it easier on my body and also to free up time so I can return to strength training. I'm usually too tired or too lazy to shower three times a day and the lack of strength training makes a difference in my body and my sugar cravings.

My goals for today: No sweets, no snacks, no seconds and to write everything down I eat in my journal.

Have a great day!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Welcome, montanasky.
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.