Newbie here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Whidbey Woman

Newbie here

Post by Whidbey Woman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:43 am

I started No-S on 1/1/11, after buying The Book for my new Kindle just after Christmas. I lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers about 3 years ago and kept all but 10 lbs of it off. But I am well and truly sick of counting! I've been looking for a simple way to lose that provides some structure to my eating habits but that does not require me to think about food ALL THE TIME!

Things I love about this way of eating: I don't have to count anything (did I already say that?); I can go to someone's house for dinner (as I'm doing in a few minutes) and not worry about "blowing my diet" or making a big deal out of the fact that I can't eat the delicious food my hostess/host prepared for me; while I'm not fixated on food, I am more mindful of what and when I eat (this sounds like a contradiction, but it's true); I look forward to eating every meal; and, lastly, last Sunday when my husband and I had 60 people at our home for an open house, I could graze away with everyone else because it was an S day! Interestlngly, I didn't eat that much because I knew that this weekend I'd have the same opportunity to eat what I want, so the impulse to over-eat wasn't so overwhelming.

I really need to lose about 20 more pounds be be at a healty weight for my age and frame. I am not currently able to exercise (back surgery in May with continued problems and pain), so I know that's going to slow me down considerably. If I can lose 12 lbs in a year, I'll be happy! As I said, so far the scale hasn't budged. I've committed to No-S for at least three months, however. Even if I don't lose, I love the sense of control I have over my appetite and eating, and food has become a pleasure again instead of a constant source of guilt or effort.

Thank you all for your posts! I've been reading and have been encouraged daily. I'll be here, even if I don't say much. :D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 am

Welcome, Whidbey Woman!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:41 pm

Welcome!
Be kind, for everybody you meet is fighting a hard battle.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 pm

a simple way to lose that provides some structure to my eating habits but that does not require me to think about food ALL THE TIME!
That's pretty much the appeal of no-s it a nutshell. Hope it works for you -- keep use posted.

Reinhard