soooo hungry

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gettheweightoff

soooo hungry

Post by gettheweightoff » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:20 am

I am so hungry right now. I ate early because my whole schedule was off today but I WILL NOT give in and eat outside of my plate because I know full well what this will lead to. Oh hell no will I go through what I went through last week with those binges.

Just wanted to vent because I am so tired and sooo hungry. I am overtired because I was hungry in the night last night and couldn't sleep. I thought if I ate a hearty breakfast it would help but I think being tired is just a vicious cycle because I am always hungrier when I am tired.

Anyways, I'm fine, and staying strong.

I just wanted to vent because I'm sure many of you have hungry days.

Nicest of the Damned

Re: soooo hungry

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 am

gettheweightoff wrote:I just wanted to vent because I'm sure many of you have hungry days.
Generally, only on days with an "A" in the name. :wink: I've been getting over a stomach flu, and I knew I was back to normal today when I was hungry from 4:00 till dinnertime (usually around 8 in our house).

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 am

I get that. If I am tired not only is it harder to resist temptation, but it also seems like I am hungrier and WANT to eat more. It makes for very tough days. :( I know you're cutting back on caffeine- I wonder if that is contributing to your tiredness and irritability/frustration right now? I take a break from caffiene every few months or so, and it can be a tired and grumpy week or so until I readjust. It always amazes how dependent I really am on it.
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 am

Sharpie wrote:I know you're cutting back on caffeine- I wonder if that is contributing to your tiredness and irritability/frustration right now? I take a break from caffiene every few months or so, and it can be a tired and grumpy week or so until I readjust. It always amazes how dependent I really am on it.
Yeah. You don't want to be around me if I'm trying to quit caffeine. Fortunately for the world, the last time this happened was when I was in tenth grade.

Graham

Re: soooo hungry

Post by Graham » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:09 am

gettheweightoff wrote: Just wanted to vent because I am so tired and sooo hungry. I am overtired because I was hungry in the night last night and couldn't sleep. I thought if I ate a hearty breakfast it would help but I think being tired is just a vicious cycle because I am always hungrier when I am tired.
For a future experiment you might test this observation of mine - I discovered years ago, when tired at work, if I had a steak for lunch I perked up and was fine all afternoon. However, if I had the steak with a sweet dessert afterwards, I was comatose. I think its the carbs for some of us. I think using food to get over tiredness works for me, but it depends on what I eat as well as how much.

Summerwine

Post by Summerwine » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm going to piggy-back on this thread. I'm soooo bloomin' hungry right now, and it's 2.5-3 hours till dinner.

I get hungry every N-day at about this time, but my real problem is when I have to work late, like today. If I can stop work at a normal time, I can distract myself with a book, a walk or some housework. To have my brain operational until dinner-time, when all it does is scream FEED ME! seems insurmountable right now.

Ah well. Carrying on.

Summerwine
Start date: 10 Jan 2011
4'11'', 31 y.o
SW: 178.8 lbs / CW: 177.4 lbs
Goal 1: 145 lbs (no longer obese)
Goal 2: 120 lbs (no longer overweight)
Final Goal: 110 lbs

"If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" John Crowley.