Getting Back in Good Habits

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Thalia

Getting Back in Good Habits

Post by Thalia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 pm

I used to post here a lot, but haven't been around for ages. It's great to see so many familiar screen names still here!

In the meantime, although technically sticking to No S (It's become second nature; by this point, it would feel downright WEIRD to snack or have dessert during the week!), I'm up eight pounds since this time last year. I know exactly why -- too little exercise, and I have been buying lunch during the week instead of packing it. Even if it all fits on a plate, most lunch options are just much more food and more calories than I need.

So I'm recommitting to the habits that helped me lose 20 pounds -- taking the stairs, brown-bagging, and walking every day. And I'm posting to keep myself honest! I'm going to try to keep April GREEN for exercise and brown-bagging (but I figured no need to wait until April 1 to start, right?)

chickadee11

Post by chickadee11 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Good luck! I hope these small changes equal success for you!

ruxpin55

Post by ruxpin55 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:29 pm

yea! good luck, keep everyone up to date on how you are doing. I think we all can say that we care that you are doing well!
Jamie
--------------------
God is most glorified in me, when I am most satisfied in Him.
"Why do you spend your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And delight yourself in abundance.
(Isaiah 55:2)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Welcome back! I was reading an older post recently (don't remember which one) and you had posted. I wondered what happened to you.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Thank you, everyone! It's always embarassing to come back and go "I've been slacking and gained weight," but at least I know exactly what to do about it, and this is SUCH a supportive atmosphere, it means a lot to me.

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 am

Welcome back! It's nice to see you again. :)

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Image Thalia, it's good to see you.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com