Planning for a binge?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

Planning for a binge?

Post by gk » Sat May 07, 2011 2:04 am

As I was grocery shopping today, I suddenly realized I was doing just that without even being aware of it......

I reached for the low-fat chocolate ice cream, automatically thinking, "that way when I eat a ton of it, it won't be as bad as if I pigged out on the fattening stuff." Well! That's not a very good No S approach to S treats, is it?? For so many years, I've trained myself to justify overeating by eating the fat-free stuff......"you can eat twice as much that way".

I love how No S allows for the "good stuff" with no guilt. On every other diet, whenever I had a treat it was always the fat-free stuff, and then I still had guilt because I felt like I was undoing all of my hard work. I love how we can have whatever we want when the time comes.....and it always does. :)

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat May 07, 2011 10:12 am

Heh, this time you can reach for the GOOD ice cream (but make it a single ice cream rather than a tub?!)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:14 pm

it's a process.. good for you for becoming more aware of your old mindsets. this is the first step in changing them.
enjoy your S days and real ice cream! :)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat May 07, 2011 7:59 pm

What Deb said!