Drink your [black] coffee, men.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reinhard
Site Admin

Drink your [black] coffee, men.

Post by reinhard » Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Not only is it a natural appetite suppressant, not only does it have no calories unless you add them (OK, 2 calories), not only is it full of fiber and antioxidents, not only does it taste so good that you'd drink it even if it was bad for you, but it also seems to significantly reduce the risk of prostate cancer:

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2 ... ncer-risk/

Reinhard

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed May 18, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm female. I still do not think my risk of prostate cancer is sufficiently low, so I'm going to go get some coffee.

Sharpie

Post by Sharpie » Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Nicest of the Damned wrote:I'm female. I still do not think my risk of prostate cancer is sufficiently low, so I'm going to go get some coffee.
Lol, indeed. I'll join you!
"If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.†-Tom Krause

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 pm

I have taken to drinking my coffee black (with an ice cube to cool it) every weekday, and milk on the weekends. This has led to me waking up Saturday morning thinking "yay!" every weekend. Something I previously took for granted is now an exciting treat. Also after the first sip or two I rarely think about the lack of milk, yet I tend not to overdo it on the coffee like I did when I regularly had milk in it.

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Sat May 28, 2011 9:25 pm

finallyfull wrote:Something I previously took for granted is now an exciting treat.
I love that!
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami