N Day Triumphs

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

N Day Triumphs

Post by oliviamanda » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm

This morning, I skipped my usual oatmeal or hot cereal and decided that since I was late to work I'd stop to get a bagel and cream cheese from Dunkin Donuts. I also got an egg and cheese wake-up wrap (I wanted the protein). After being given two bags from the drive-thru (I thought one was the bagel, the other the wrap), it turns out that I was given somebody else's donuts. I DIDN"T even want them. So, I quickly swung by my mom's house and dropped them off.

Actually there's been quite a few occasions (at work especially) where there are donuts and danishes and cakes and cookies just waiting in the break room and I keep saying No. I feel like there's a little ka-ching noise in my head as I pass up one S after another all day long.
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Good for you! (did you change your avitar?) I've been thinking about the phrase "success breeds success" lately and this seems to be a good example!
keep up the ka-chinging!" :wink:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:02 pm

Wow, you sure handled this well. Not just in gettng rid of the donuts, but in not freaking out! I think I would have been a bit more upset. If I buy breakfast, it's because I'm hungry!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

bjalda

Post by bjalda » Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 pm

It's funny that I just caught myself thinking: "Oh, of course something like this only happens to you when are on something like the No S Diet where you are not supposed to just feel 'lucky' to get those extra donuts".
But actually you are very lucky that it happened now, because now you definitely know better than that. Congratulations on your triumph!
Expectation exists when there is fear.
- Swami

BrightAngel

Re: N Day Triumphs

Post by BrightAngel » Wed May 25, 2011 12:46 pm

oliviamanda wrote:So, I quickly swung by my mom's house and dropped them off.
That is certainly A+ behavior.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 pm

GrammyG, yes, I changed my avatar. I was tired of looking at the old one. The current one is actually another bath product (the former avatar has long been discontinued).

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/ba ... mrs-whippy

I try to not reward myself with desserts, but fun bath products!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Congratulations!

Virtue really is its own reward -- and at times even makes a little "ka-ching" noise in your head. :-)

finallyfull

Post by finallyfull » Tue May 31, 2011 3:30 pm

bjala -

It just SEEMS like these things happen more on No S (or actual "diets") but I really think they happen all the time, we just don't notice because we are wired to minimize the frequency of snacks and treats to hide from ourselves the fact that we eat so much. For me, I've noticed with No S, how ridiculously common it is for delicious food to be available to me. Brownies at work, free samples at the store, it's everywhere. Without No S, I would swear it was not that often. Each discrete snack is quickly forgotten, so I tell myself I ate "pretty well" each day, so how to explain my muffin top? No S removes the blinders.

mamamia

Post by mamamia » Tue May 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Isn't that a wonderful feeling that you can resist? I actually baked brownies today for my husband and kids and didn't lick any batter or eat any chocolate chips! I drove past a farmstand yesterday with my son and the idea to stop for ice cream popped into my head, but I was actually able to keep going and said to myself that going out for ice cream would be a nice thing to do this coming weekend! I feel so mature....

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 pm

I just went to the bath products site and loved what I saw! My 15 year old granddaughter is coming to visit for a few weeks and I always try to have some different bath products for her to enjoy.. who would have thought I would find them on the no S site?! Thanks for sharing (maybe, when I order, they will throw in an extra bag of goodies for the Grammy to enjoy!...sure wouldn't be messin' with my no S'in!) :roll:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

hecarte

Post by hecarte » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm

There's been three times in the past two weeks when there have been cakes/cookies in team meetings and supervision. The first time I felt like I was making an effort to not take one. The second time I felt really good about myself for not having one.

The third time (today) I saw them and thought 'I don't want one of those - they look way too sweet'. A few weeks ago I would have had one without thinking, whether I wanted one or not. Now I don't even like the look of them :D

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:55 pm

There is chocolate birthday cake in the kitchen at work right now. Not for me! 8)