There is no diet but No S (that works, anyway)...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Nicest of the Damned

There is no diet but No S (that works, anyway)...

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 am

...and, lately, I am its prophetess :wink: (No disrespect to Islam meant, of course) One of Nicest Husband's cousins got married today, and we went to the wedding. We got to see some relatives from his side that we haven't seen in a while. A couple of them told me I was looking great, and asked if I had lost weight.

Nicest Husband's uncle, when I told him about No S, asked, "Is that a real, published diet?" I ordered a copy of the book for him, so he can see that it is real. I also ordered a copy for my mother-in-law, who's trying Weight Watchers again (but said she was off her diet for the wedding). She's tried Weight Watchers at least once before (she lost and regained weight). I think she might like to try something that works long-term, instead.

I told them about the great online community that we have for No S here, too. They're a lot more likely than the Daddy of the Damned to come here and benefit from that, or at least I think they are.

I feel like a cultist, but I've finally found a diet that works for me, and I'm wanting to share it with others.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

The No S Diet is a good one.
However, just about any Diet works, if it is followed.,
See Habits & Dieting:
http://www.diethobby.com/blog.php?ax=v&nid=201
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:08 pm

I agree that any diet works if followed. The difference with just eating three normal meals a day is that there is never the,

No, I can't go out to eat with you, I'm on a diet. No, I can't enjoy Thanksgiving dinner because I am on a diet. No, I can't come to your bbq because I am on a diet.

My boss just brought in fresh cookies from the bakery (chocolate macadamia nut and oatmeal raisin). I had just eaten my planned lunch about an hour earlier so I said, That was very sweet of you but I just ate lunch and don't plan to eat anything else before dinner. She said, You have amazing willpower.

I told her that I will have an oatmeal/raisin one for breakfast in the morning (if they are still here 8) ) as they are actually healthy made with whole grains, etc. She said, Sounds like a plan.

Yes, it is a plan and it works. :wink:
Berry

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Nicely resisted Strawberry Roan! My 'resist' for the day was a plate of baklava/greek cakes and flapjacks that my mum and sister were snacking on in the afternoon - I just said 'no thanks' and sipped my tea :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 pm

if it is followed.,
That is the trick, isn't it?

And I like to think that the strength of No is precisely that it is so "followable."

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 pm

It's amazing what things people will consider followable. Some people swear by being vegan, vegetarian, Paleo, clean eaters, raw fooders, etc. As Reinhard and others have said, it's got to be a way that gets a person to eat fewer calories than he or she needs until excess fat is burned off and then maintain. No S has been a boon for me, but I had tried a lot of other things that I think made me more savvy about hunger and satisfying foods before I started, but it took the admission that I was going to get hungry and that it was my job to tough it out, instead of trying to claim that I wouldn't get hungry or have cravings, etc., that made me have respect for it. But No S also said it was rather up to me how hungry I was willing to be, and recommended not pushing the envelope. Still on my way on weekends, but I've come out of the last weekend at a lower weight than in many months. When I weigh approximately the same or less for a couple of more weeks, I'll write my first official testimony, even though theoretically I could have already.
Last edited by oolala53 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Sticking to diets is hard for me. I know I won't stick to anything that requires me to do math or keep a food journal. I can't do the math in my head, and I'm nowhere near organized enough to keep a food journal. Low-carb diets tend to interact badly with my brain chemistry, and make me really irritable. I'm shy, so anything that requires me to go to meetings is out.