Leech Block

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

dockanz

Leech Block

Post by dockanz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Reinhard's idea of the antibookmark is really interesting as I spend entirely too much time online. I have now started using LeechBlock, which is a Firefox add on. It is essentially a program that you can set to block certain websites or all websites for certain times of the day, or set blocks of time (e.g., only 60 minutes per day). It is very flexible and once you are blocked, you cannot hop back on the interent to check things out. You have to commit to using firefox (why wouldn't you anyway?), but it is a great little program. Google it if you want to learn more.
Make the Better Choice

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:04 am

Oh, what a relief! I was worried that someone was going to be sharing an article extolling the virtues of using leeches as a dieting aid.

(They actually have some genuine medical uses, if I understand correctly. Their anticoagulant properties are apparently valuable at the site of amputation reattachments.)

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 pm

LOL! Who Me? I was thinking the same thing.... :wink: :lol: :lol:
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

I've used Cold Turkey as well when I was finishing up my thesis.