A thought on S(ick) days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ThomsonsPier

A thought on S(ick) days

Post by ThomsonsPier » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:11 am

An observation on illness I haven't seen from anyone else; I've had a StinkingRottenCold(TM) for the last few days and, in keeping with the old "feed a cold, starve a fever" adage, have been eating constantly for the duration (hurrah for S-days there) as I seem to burn through ridiculous quantities of food when I'm ill. Having established these sensible eating habits, I've found that an excellent indicator of when I'm well enough to function reasonably again is when my appetite returns to normal. There's no real point to this post; I just thought you might find it interesting.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 pm

When you are ill, your body does ramp up to fight off the infection. That's why you feel so tired when you are sick, because your body is working hard. It's been so long since I've had a bad cold that I don't really remember how I eat. I do tend to rest a lot. And I even take that awful night time cold medicine that knocks me out for a good 24 hours just so I can actually sleep. I don't much like resting and not sleeping as all I think about is how awful I feel.