I'm new and have a question about wine

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

dirkandwhit

I'm new and have a question about wine

Post by dirkandwhit » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:47 am

Hi! I am new. This plan sounds very do-able (that is a rare thing in the diet world!), but I enjoy a nightly glass of moscato (sparkling white wine) or sangria. Is this allowed on the plan?
A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul Prov. 13:19a

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:25 am

Yes, it is allowed. Drinking alcohol is managed with a system called Glass Ceiling. http://www.everydaysystems.com/glassceiling/

It doesn't sound like you need it, though.

dirkandwhit

Post by dirkandwhit » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:57 am

Thank you for the reply! Being new, I don't want to restrict too much - it will be a challenge enough to stop snacking; if I overhaul my whole lifestyle, I feel like I will be doomed to failure.

This diet sounds like the sanest thing I have heard. And believe me, friend, I have tried some pretty wacko diets!!

Wish me luck!
A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul Prov. 13:19a

determined

Post by determined » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Welcome! Come back here often...you'll find lots of encouragement around here. There are wonderful people on this forum...I wouldn't still be here without them.

Have you read the book yet? If not, I'd highly recommend it. I think I've read it about 5 times & get something new every time I pick it up.

Determined
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:43 pm

I believe Reinhard says in his book he has a glass of wine or two with his dinner. I love wine but can't drink it..
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

milliem

Post by milliem » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Drinks aren't included on NoS :)

Glass ceiling is a separate system for people who want to limit their alcohol intake for some reason. I'd suggest keeping your lovely evening wine in for now, it might be worth reconsidering if you are looking for ways to reduce calorie intake further down the line but the core NoS habits related to food are probably the most important right now!

rotnkat

Post by rotnkat » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:57 pm

I like to have a glass of wine with my dinner and on the weekends I might have two.

So far it hasn't interfered with my weightloss, but if it does then I will have to re-evaluate it.