Glass Ceiling

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kid Charlemagne

Glass Ceiling

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:07 pm

Phenomenal. A fantastic device to encourage moderation. Great work Mr. Reinhard.

My "trick": Often when I attend weddings, reunions, or any other settings where my high school and college buddies expect me to drink like I was 18, I have a special drink: vodka and soda water with a lime. After two of these, I switch to just soda and lime... it's a great way to have a drink in your hand all night, and not have your glory day buddies griefing you about not drinking. :wink:

I know it sounds shallow, and I should be big enough not let it bother me (and to their credit, most of my friends wouldn't care anyway), but sometimes it's nice to not have to worry about it in the first place.
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

Kid Charlemagne

cheap wine

Post by Kid Charlemagne » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:50 pm

The link that Reinhard offers is great. Many, many wonderful and inexpensive wines come from Spain. My favorite is from the region Castilla La Mancha (La Ruta de Don Quixote) from a small vineyard town called Valdepenas (can't type the squiggle over the n). Presently, Whole Foods (only a Chicago-area store I think) has a house brand of wine labeled 365-- the origin is from this town.

Simple blended, red table wines are great-- either Italian or Spanish.

provecho,

kid
"Obviously, you're not a golfer." -El Duderino

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:30 pm

Thanks, Kid.

For those of you who are wondering what glass ceiling is, here's the link:

http://everydaysystems.com/glassceiling

(I announced it in the everydaysystems forum, but that doesn't seem to get quite as much traffic).

Los vascos is actually from Chile. But I'm fond of spanish wines, too.

Reinhard