Vanilla No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bellaneve

Vanilla No S

Post by bellaneve » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi,

I am new here and have been reading through various posts and have noticed some people talking about 'Vanilla No S'. Can someone please explain what this means exactly?

Also what's the go with beverages between meals. Can I still have coffee between meals?

Thanks,

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Welcome!

Vanilla means plain, as in ordinary No S. Someone might say Vanilla No S plus (some other practice) to indicate they are tracking more than just No S habits, like fitness or other food rules.

Any beverage is allowed, including coffee! Non-sweet is preferred, but not actually required, I think? I don't really drink many sweets so it's not something I worried about.

This is a good thread about beverages from last year.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=6504
Looking for intelligent daily defaults of all kinds.
http://claricaandthequestion.blogspot.com/

~hf

Post by ~hf » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Vanilla No S is the No S diet in its basic original form. No Snacks, No Sweets No Seconds except (sometimes) on days that start with S. Anything other than that is considered a Modification (addition).

As far as drinks go coffee, tea, milk, and 100% juice are acceptable even between meals but milk and juice should be reserved for times of true hunger that would make it too hard for you to make it to the next meal. Anything other than that is a Mod, including hot chocolate which is a sweet. Of course the best beverage is water and that is always acceptable. :wink:

The main No S diet page has tons of information and everything you need to get started but I would highly recommend that you buy the book as soon as you are able. There is a reduced price on the amazon kindle edition right now ($4.99 I think).

Welcome to to sanity.

Heidi
SW 236.4
10/26/11 restart date
1st goal 21 day club !accomplished! 11/24/11
2nd goal 10% loss
3rd goal...????

bellaneve

Post by bellaneve » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for your responses. Just wanted to make sure as I do enjoy my coffee - I don't have sugar but do have a bit of milk.

Thanks again.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:20 am

Goodness, yes, enjoy your coffee!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.