The last recipe video

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

The last recipe video

Post by wosnes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:21 am

The last recipe video about Great Depression cooking has been posted. It's for tomato sauce. There's a link here to her previous videos and recipes, plus recipes of members of this forum. They're all proof that cooking and eating don't need to be complicated or difficult -- and we don't need fancy equipment to cook.

Clara got me started making bread. I don't use her recipe, but she inspired me.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Well, I'm sorry to see the series end but am inspired by her example. I don't know if I will ever make my own tomato paste. Peeling and seeding cherry tomatoes seems like a lot of work. But it's good to know how to do.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:19 pm

I love that adorable woman!!!!

~hf

Post by ~hf » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm sad to see the series end. I have really enjoyed her videos on YouTube. Last year we checked out her book from the library. It was very charming. We made her Christmas cookies. That was fun but talk about a lot of work, shesh. No wonder they were thin. With all the effort that went into those cookies there is no way I'd make them very often. :wink:
SW 236.4
10/26/11 restart date
1st goal 21 day club !accomplished! 11/24/11
2nd goal 10% loss
3rd goal...????