Thank you Reinhard

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fdaoud00

Thank you Reinhard

Post by fdaoud00 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Thank you Reinhard for the No S Diet!

I came across this by chance (true luck it was). I'd been struggling with the dieting/binging yo-yo for quite some time now. I just happen to casually search for information on "to snack or not to snack" and found your web site which clearly said "no snacks". Then of course I saw the entire dozen words that defined the No S Diet, I bought your book and the rest is history..

I really wanted to thank you for this idea and for sharing it with others. As I was reading your book, several times I said out loud, "I love this guy!" Because you are so down-to-earth, no-nonsense, tell-it-like-it-is. Everything you said make sense to me, because it's just common sense I guess! Also, your point about success being made possible by the diet having very clear and simple rules, combined with regularly allowing oneself for S days, guilt-free, so that we don't have a breakdown, really rang true to me.

Finally, thank you for HabitCal, being a programmer myself I'd wanted to write an app along those lines for myself, but you saved me the trouble and also for some reason, using your app, I feel more "accountable". After a rough start in the first week, things are going better now. During N-days, every time I feel like having "just a little snack", or making "just a little exception", I think that this would immediately result in a red square on the calendar, and I resist.

So, in summary, thanks! I love you man 8)

Fred

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:34 pm

You are very welcome, Fred!

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that people are getting something out of this self-improvement hobby of mine.

Reinhard