I eat like a bird...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

I eat like a bird...

Post by Over43 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 am

My trip to Boise in May was punctuated by an unusual comment. The folks I was traveling with decided to stop at (I kid you not...) The Garden of Eden Truck stop off the Twin Falls exit. There was a Blimpies there so we got sandwiches. I ate about 6 inches of an 8 inch sub, ate half the bag of chips, drank the Diet Coke and was ready to go.

One of the ladies we were with (who runs 1/2 marathons, and might have a waist bigger in diameter than mine) looked at me and said, "You eat like a bird." I'm not sure it was a compliment. But I guess it's better than being told I have a hollow leg.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I must be old school. I consider commenting on anyone's eating to be... well, a little rude. It sounds like you had a nice lunch though. It's been years since I've had a Blimpies.

totljenn

Post by totljenn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:13 pm

We all have different metabolisms and different ways that we function. That woman might feel the need to always finish everything on her plate where you on the other hand sound like you let your tummy and mind guide you. No worries and keep on keepin' on!

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:59 pm

i am not sure what she would mean by that except that you didn't eat all your food. maybe she is one of those people that was raised to believe we all need to be members of the clean plate club. that is a club i don't wish to belong to anymore because it does end up making me overeat. so i think even if she didn't mean it in a nice way, it sounds like you know what is best for you, not her. some peole just dont' know when to keep their mouth quiet.
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.