Intro (short)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

scottwblack

Intro (short)

Post by scottwblack » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:14 pm

Hi, my name is Scott and I've been overweight for a majority of my adult life. I was a lean, healthy teen but slowly gained a lot of weight from age 18 to 23, when I somehow managed to lose over 75 lbs. Soon after that, though, my sister died and my weight started to climb again. Getting married only caused further weight gain. :wink:

Well into my thirties, I started trying evey diet under the sun without success. Then last August Hurricane Katrina came through and completely destroyed our home in New Orleans. With nothing to do except wait I managed to pack on even more pounds.

My wife and I are now living in wonderful Austin, Texas. We don't drive, so we walk everywhere. I think that I am ready to take control of my life again and fully intend to do so with the help of the No S Diet. Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:43 pm

Good luck Scott and God Bless you and your family!
You will lose weight and turn that whole vicious cycle around by committing to good new habit formation!
Ramble on!
We are with you :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Welcome, Scott.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the troubles you've been through... I hope now that things are settling down a bit that no-s will do the trick for you. Keep us posted as to your progress, and let us know if you run into any trouble.

Best,

Reinhard

Kevin

Good luck, Scott!

Post by Kevin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:21 pm

After a lifetime's worth of trouble, you deserve some time in a nice place, and I hear Austin is one.

Let us know how it goes.
Last edited by Kevin on Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

scottwblack

Post by scottwblack » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:40 pm

Thanks all. The worst part of the hurricane for my wife and I was losing our dogs, who we loved dearly. But we have persevered with the help of two new puppies and it's now time for me to get down to business and start taking care of myself. :-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:53 pm

PS.. I lived in Metairie for two years before my son was born..
NOLA isn't exactly known for lean cuisine...
I put on a lot of weight in the big easy during that time..

Sorry about losing your dogs Scott...

Thank God you and your family are okay!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Ladybug

Post by Ladybug » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 am

Welcome, Scott.

My deepest sympathy for the loss of your home and dogs. I just can't imagine how hard it has been for you and your wife.

Sounds like you have a fresh new start and things should only get better from here on out.

The NO S diet is awesome and while the progress may be slow for some, the weight certainly stays off. This is the sanest approach to eating there is. Life and eating become enjoyable again, at least for me it has. :)

Take care,
Ladybug