Day One

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

HarmonicaLady

Day One

Post by HarmonicaLady » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone!

It's my first day - wasn't I smart to start on a Thursday? Not really, it wasn't planned like that.

Anyway, I had one of those nights where I didn't sleep a wink! Consequently i know I'm going to be craving carbs all day, but I'm starting No S any way today because that's just life isn't it?

Is anyone else just starting today? Also - should I be doing this day to day kind of entry on a blog instead of on the forum?

Let me know :?

Harmonica Lady[/b]
When the music changes...so does the dance.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:00 pm

We do have a daily check in thread. That's a good place to do a daily diary if you are so inclined.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=8

You can do this. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Rachelocity

Post by Rachelocity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi. I'm a newbie, too - just started yesterday. You can *totes* do this, as my 10-year-old niece would say. It's so simple, and I'm hoping it's easy as well. Soooo tired of complicating things for myself!!

I started a Daily Check-In Thread which I invite you to check out. I don't think there's a bad day to start this process, except possibly Mondays, because of the associated "diet mentality".

Anyhoo, glad I'm not the only n00b. Looking forward to seeing how this paradigm shift plays out for you.
Everything in moderation, including moderation: Julia Child

HarmonicaLady

Post by HarmonicaLady » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Rachelocity wrote:Hi. I'm a newbie, too - just started yesterday. You can *totes* do this, as my 10-year-old niece would say. It's so simple, and I'm hoping it's easy as well. Soooo tired of complicating things for myself!!

I started a Daily Check-In Thread which I invite you to check out. I don't think there's a bad day to start this process, except possibly Mondays, because of the associated "diet mentality".

Anyhoo, glad I'm not the only n00b. Looking forward to seeing how this paradigm shift plays out for you.
Hi Rachel! Good luck on this our final diet!!!! Yeah!
When the music changes...so does the dance.

Rachelocity

Post by Rachelocity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Our song can be "This Could Be The Last Time". Gotta love the Stones - my alternative song pick is "You Can't Always Get What You Want"! :lol: :lol:
Everything in moderation, including moderation: Julia Child

txmom

Newbie too!

Post by txmom » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 am

I just started today..yea me! It was liberating not having to count calories or worry over what to eat. Hope this "is the last time" for me as well! 8)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I started on a Saturday! That was nearly 31 months ago. It's been worth it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)