I've thought about this plan many times before

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

dana2012

I've thought about this plan many times before

Post by dana2012 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:01 pm

and now I've decided to do it. I have come to the conclusion that slow weight loss is really okay and probably is better. Right now I am struggling to accept my current body right now today just the way it is. That is the roadblock to having the patience to stick with a eating plan that doesn't produce mega weight loss in a short amount of time. After birthing two babies and providing them with nourishment from my own body I shouldn't speak so unkindly about my body. But sadly I do.

I want so badly to let go of this fantasy of losing 30 lbs in 3 months with no plateaus. I read stories of people accomplishing that but I know those people are not the norm.

I've been asking myself can I live with losing 1/2 lb or less a week. Truthfully, I don't know. But I'd like to because it really is better than the alternative which is gaining a 1/2 lb a week. The other question is what if I lose no weight at all? Can I live with that? Or will I go running to some diet that probably can deliver more weight loss in a short amount of time but that is so restrictive I wouldn't get to enjoy some of my favorites from time to time?

I guess this plan appeals to me because I like the structure and not-so-restrictive eating. I just don't want to diet hop like I know people do. I desperately need consistent structure in my life especially with eating. I've been having a free for all for the last 10 years. I must stop before 30 lbs becomes 60 lbs.

I'll be reading through the forum looking for tips and motivational things. I'm sure there is a wealth of wisdom here.

So, Hello to everyone here!

vmsurbat

Post by vmsurbat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Welcome! I think you will quickly come to appreciate the sane, sound, sensible habits you'll gain eating with NoS principles.

Changing eating habits goes beyond mere physical habits; it also includes mind habits. I encourage you to especially look through the Testimonial forum as well as the sticky at the top of this one called: NoS Catch Phrase Glossary which is full of pithy mottoes and word pictures to help us keep to our habits when temptations loom large.

Here's to your success!
Vicki in MNE
7! Yrs. with Vanilla NoS, down 55+lb, happily maintaining and still loving it!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am

I know it sounds even more difficult to do than thinking about slow weight loss, but I ask that you keep thinking about just the idea of ordering your eating for the sake of not feeling like food is in charge. You just can't rush the stages of mental and physical "healing." You're usually not the same person one year later. Some people take even longer, but the odds are with us, since the great majority of traditional dieters are heavier two years later anyway. If you look through the pages, you'll see that we get people back who gave up because of slow loss or feeling stuck on the S days.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

dana2012

Post by dana2012 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:42 am

oolala53, I do often feel like food is in charge. As if my day will not be complete if I don't have those extra bites of food. And when I think about it it's really silly because the food will be there tomorrow. Vmsurbat is right, changing eating habits really does include the mental. So far, I have just been focusing on the actual changes I will have to make to eating like how much and what kind of food.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.