I am back and mentally ready ...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Slimmer4Xmas2012

I am back and mentally ready ...

Post by Slimmer4Xmas2012 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 am

It has taken loads of failed attempts on all the conventional and faddy things around to see that this is the only way I can do this losing weight thing!

I am not going to do S days though I am going to have hefty three meals a day and exercise all the time unless something comes up which would make people look at me weirdly if I didn't participate! I love cheese sandwiches so that will be my S for lunchtime on Saturday and Sunday. I can't do chocolate or sweets as I am an all or nothing person!

Trying to get to view my habit cal on my phone but its not letting me login. Not telling my friends or family either can't stand another round of groans and sighs.

Anne

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 am

All the best!

Although, I strongly encourage you to go to S days if you feel like you want to give up. This is not a rapid weight loss diet but an overhaul of habit and by extension the hard wiring of your brain.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

The beauty of No S is that you do not have to tell anyone...ever. They may notice you saying no to sweets and snacks, but they will not guess that you are "dieting.". When people started asking me how I was losing weight, I would just say I learned to cut out the sweets and snacks and watch my meal size. I told a few people about No S but not many.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Slimmer4Xmas2012

Thank guys!

Post by Slimmer4Xmas2012 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Now how would you view Golden Syrup flavored oat satchets? No more sugar than regular just flavoured to taste of golden syrup. They are to die for.

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 am

Welcome back, and best wishes for habit "stickiness". I agree with Blithe, if things get tough, perhaps reconsider S days.

Everyone draws a different line on what is a sweet. Remember it is no sweets, not no sugar.

For me, if it is sweet enough to consider a dessert, then it's out. A teaspoon of honey on my porridge or some sugar in my decaf is not a problem, so I'd say yes to the golden syrup sachets. But then, I'm not a huge fan of instant oats and flavourings, so I wouldn't be overeating them. I'd rather have a teaspoon of real maple syrup on some steel cut oats.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I wouldn't give up S days, but the thing to remember is that S days, with rare exceptions, aren't a license to go wild. If you do tend to go wild, don't keep treats in the house, don't make treats, but buy one or two special things for the S days. Not a box of cookies (my favorite), but ONE good cookie from a bakery. And make sure to eat it while sitting at a table. Enjoy it. Don't eat it mindlessly.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 pm

i agree with wosnes... good luck!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:00 pm

I think many of us here considered ourselves to be all or nothing people with some foods at one time, and none of us think skipping S days is a good idea, but I'm not going to fight you on it. I'll just say I have complete faith that you could learn to eat all foods in moderation in the right circumstances.

You'll learn as you go, as long as you keep going. Just don't judge yourself or No S for failures along the way any more than you would judge a skater or her skates for her falling on the ice. All Olympic skaters have fallen thousands of times. They just keep learning to do a better job when they get up. Any you don't even have to be an Olympian to do really well at this after a good amount of practice. Way more room in the finals around here!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)