Sweets

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jenniw_2003

Sweets

Post by jenniw_2003 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I recently started No S and am having some great results so far!! I was wondering about sweets though. I know the obvious sweets like cakes, cookies and stuff like that but I was wondering what are some less obvious sweets I should be avoiding?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Generally speaking the definition of "sweets" here is anything you would consider to be a dessert or that should be a treat -- candy, for instance.

Sweetened beverages are something most of us consider to be S's: regular sodas, sweet tea (more than a teaspoon or two of sugar in your tea), many coffee drinks, juice "drinks" and so on.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Nicest of the Damned

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:47 pm

I consider muffins to be sweets, especially the huge ones that coffee shops sell.

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:16 pm

I re-read the NoS book the other week, and it reminded me that when thinking about sweets, it's most important to focus on the 'big offenders'. So things that are obviously sweets - cakes, cookies, chocolate, sweeties/candy, drinks made mostly with sugar... if you cut those out, you're doing ok :) I'd also consider a muffin a sweet (if it's a sweet muffin in any case, i'd count it as a cake). My general rule is anything I'd be happy to eat for dessert is a sweet. I also try to avoid jam or syrup on an N day but I'm not too bothered if the odd teaspoon turns up here or there :)

jenniw_2003

Post by jenniw_2003 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks Everyone you have been most helpful :) I recently finished my first week of NO S and I lost 3.4 lbs!! I think this is a diet that will finally work for me :D