23 days isn't forever

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Williac

23 days isn't forever

Post by Williac » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Yesterday I had a coworker ask me if I had lost some weight. I told them I might have lost a little. It felt good, but I thought about it for a little bit and figured I have have been doing this long enough now that I probably should see some results. My life is so busy that after the first few weeks the newness of NoS started wearing off and it became part of my routine. Now its something I don't think that much about. So since It has faded to the background it seems like something I have always done. But I have only been doing this for 23 days. That is not very long. Its only been 3 weeks, less than 1 month! This "I have doing this forever" thinking is what caused me to fail in the past when I would try to get into shape. I would become discouraged by my lack of results after I had been trying for what seemed like forever, and quit. Looking back I probably hadn't put near enough time in to get the results I was expecting. Luckily the HabitCal is there to remind me that I really have just started.

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Good insight. When I start thinking too much about a diet or exercise program I have been on, that is when I get in trouble. Or when I remember there are frozen Snickers Bars in the freezer at work.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 am

Over43....I haven't been on the site in a while. Reading a bit here this morning and you keep making me laugh! Thanks! :lol:
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 am

Great insight. I've been on it for 3 1/2 months now and have definitely lost weight. It's still not that long considering that it's a new lifestyle. I'm going against at least 18 years of bad habits (I think I was ok before that).
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Hope it doesn't discourage you to know I am still tweaking and refining after 33 months (some little bit of meal choices on N days and some reducing overeating on S days). But N days are pretty routine. And my weight came off in fits and starts over 28 months. But I can't see myself going back to snacking, seconds or sweets on N days, ever, and I felt that way even when I hadn't lost much and was really hating my S days but not able to reduce them. Unless I develop some health problem and my doctor insists that I lose more weight, I am not going to try any much more strict strategies soon.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 am

oolala53 wrote:my weight came off in fits and starts over 28 months. But I can't see myself going back to snacking, seconds or sweets on N days, ever, and I felt that way even when I hadn't lost much and was really hating my S days but not able to reduce them.
Oolala, thanks for sharing this. Today I realised I went up in weight a little and it annoys me a lot as I've been good on N days but can't seem to keep my S days in line yet. I'm being a complete idiot on S days but when the training wheels come off I'm getting from crash to crash. So thank you for sharing this because it encourages me to stick it out.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021