July or bust!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Musict1107

July or bust!!!

Post by Musict1107 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Found this diet while googling information on the New Weight Watchers program, which I really didn't want to do AGAIN! It is simply too much work, and I find all I do on that program is think about what I can eat next. I have recently been doing Atkins, with some success, but I am craving whole grains and I know I have been snacking too much - I can feel failure is imminent. That is why I began searching for another way.
NO S shouldn't even be called a diet. I can get back to eating what I want at meals. I love the full plate idea, and not having to seek out special recipes which usually are quite unpalatable. I can get back to my family favorites and eat without the guilt.
I am a huge snacker. This will be the most difficult thing for me. I am also newly retired so I am home and I still have my 24 year old home with me so the snacks and cookies and TWIZZLERS will be around. I think I will be talking to myself a lot, LOL!
Knowing that I have the S days will be my saving grace. We shall see.
My daughter is getting married in July, so I hope to see some results by then. Here we go! I am starting on a S day, lol! Wish me luck!
"Life is a symphony. Play your part!" Steve Schuch

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Welcome to the boards and Good Luck !

You might want a daily thread on the Daily Check In part of the board where you can chat and track your progress, etc. Lots of great posters there so no need to talk to yourself. :D
Berry

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Welcome. I just reached my goal on WW and I am living proof of what you fear. I am obsessed with tracking, weighing, finding the diet version of all food...it can be a miserable way to live. I fear the scale. So I started No-S about three weeks ago when I started my usual creeping up of weight on Maintenance. I hope that this way of life will rid me of the constant need to diet. I have vowed to only weigh in monthly. Very scary. Wishing you much success on your goals. I suspect we are on the right track here. Kat
:wink:
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:33 am

Welcome! I hope you get all the benefits others (including me) have gained.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

Welcome!! I've been at this a while, but have not done well since the holidays! :cry: I'm starting back today. My daughter is getting married in July as well! July 27th. Let's do this!! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

Welcome! My daughter got married last summer. It was quite the experience!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."