Hypoglycemia and No-S??

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TurboGirl

Hypoglycemia and No-S??

Post by TurboGirl » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:56 am

I came across this site after googling "no sweets," as am hypogycemic. I usually don't eat sweets at all, but every once in a while I get back in the habit with disasterous results.

As a total newbie, I have a question to find out if this plan, which sounds so reasonable and do-able, is right for me. Is anyone on this site also hypoglycemic? How does the three meal a day plan work for you? Do you ever "crash"? And, if so, what do you do?

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:24 pm

What does your doctor say to do if you crash? A diagnosed medical condition needs to be treated as such. The no snacking rule is meant to prevent mindless grazing, not to inhibit doctor prescribed treatment. Recently, I had a few crackers because I had to take meds and I know from experience that doing so with these meds without food is a really bad idea. I didn't call that a fail.

SuperMysteryCat

Post by SuperMysteryCat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:49 pm

The number of meals is not set. It's obviously three for most people, but if your medical condition requires more, then that's perfectly compatible with No S.

Obviously check with your doctor, but I think if I had a condition that requires eating 4 or more times a day that I would use a smaller plate and comply with the one plate rule.