To think someone is using one of these...150lb hammer!!!

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
SaveFerris

To think someone is using one of these...150lb hammer!!!

Post by SaveFerris » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:49 pm

http://www.torqueathletic.com/product.p ... 99&r=26138

That's right. a 150lb sledge hammer.

The idea of someone swinging that around is friggin' scary.

I really dig the old style sledge head.

Also, go to strongman tools, and check out that 80pound clubbell. You gonna build up to working with one of those phayze? :wink:

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:38 am

I think Reinhard posted that link or a similar one before. Those things look wicked, to say the least. I want one. Would love to purchase a 50 lb. just for laughs.
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

phayze

Re: To think someone is using one of these...150lb hammer!!!

Post by phayze » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:41 am

SaveFerris wrote:Also, go to strongman tools, and check out that 80pound clubbell. You gonna build up to working with one of those phayze? :wink:
maaaayybeeee. ;)

It'll probably take me thirty years, but it's worth a shot. :lol
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:26 pm

Wow. I have a hard time believing that some of the shovelglove moves would be physiologically possible for anyone with this weight....

Though if I continue more or less doubling the weight I shug every 5 years (fat chance), I should make it to the beast before I retire. :-)

These "war hammers" are pricey... and I like the idea of sticking with tools that aren't specifically designed for exercise. I think my ceiling is going to be the heaviest commercially available sledgehammer (might be there already, with my 20 pounder).

Reinhard

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:48 am

Reinhard,

From a practicality standpoint I agree 100%. But I must admit, if income wasn't an issue, I'd love to have a few just for the heck of it. If nothing else, they'd be an interesting conversation piece until one could actually lift them. :lol:
Fall down seven times, get up eight.