New Member - New Movement

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
DMMN121

New Member - New Movement

Post by DMMN121 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm on day three and so far, I've really enjoyed my new exercise routine. Since I'm new at this, I'm still trying to remember all the movements as I complete my workout. Since I couldn't think of all of them, I made one up which I've decided to call "The Gondolier". I was trying to use a motion similar to standing up and paddling a canoe. (Not a recommended pass-time.) I stand with my feet about shoulder width apart and pole/paddle with the hammer. After 25 reps per side, I'm certain that my summer trips to the Boundry Waters Canoe Area will never be the same again.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 am

Nice... we've had a few canoe paddling moves proposed, but the gondolier image is better because unlike canoes or rowboats or kayaks, gondolas are paddled standing up.

I don't suppose there's any chance I could persuade you to youtube it at some point? :-)

Reinhard

DMMN121

Post by DMMN121 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:08 am

reinhard wrote: I don't suppose there's any chance I could persuade you to youtube it at some point? :-)

Reinhard
Well.... I don't have a video camera. But if I'll see what I can do. It's not likely in the near future, as I'm just beginning my fitness regimen. I'm not sure that I can bear to watch myself until I'm feeling more fit. Maybe others might jump in and shoot the video.

I'm pleased that you liked the idea and am enjoying your site. My arms and chest are pleasantly sore.

Thanks,

David

phayze

Post by phayze » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:25 pm

Welcome to the forum! Canoe motions are some of my favorites - google around a bit for info on pry- and draw strokes. ;)
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words