Suggestions for SG with fractured ribs?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Pete

Suggestions for SG with fractured ribs?

Post by Pete » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 am

I fractured a rib last sunday riding my motorbike.

Haven't done any SG since then, but my back is _really_ starting to play up. I think it's in sympathy to the rest of me?

Anyways, one thing I know that fixes me up pretty quick is some nice SG workouts... however I am reluctant to do this what with the rib and all.

Anyone got a suggestion?

NoelFigart

Re: Suggestions for SG with fractured ribs?

Post by NoelFigart » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Pete wrote:I fractured a rib last sunday riding my motorbike.

Haven't done any SG since then, but my back is _really_ starting to play up. I think it's in sympathy to the rest of me?

Anyways, one thing I know that fixes me up pretty quick is some nice SG workouts... however I am reluctant to do this what with the rib and all.

Anyone got a suggestion?
I really suggest you call a physical therapist.

I won't say I've never exercised on a cracked rib (was a martial artist when I was younger), but I really think you should take some professional advice in this one.

Kevin

Re: Suggestions for SG with fractured ribs?

Post by Kevin » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 pm

Wow. I'm not sure I would do anything without consulting a physician.

Pete wrote:I fractured a rib last sunday riding my motorbike.

Anyone got a suggestion?
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

SurfingBuddha

Post by SurfingBuddha » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:08 pm

I agree with Kevin...go talk to your Dr and get a consult to see an OT or a PT. Last time I was really injured the PT designed a program of "active rest" to keep me from becoming a complete couch potato.
Build a man a fire, he stays warm for a night.
Set a man on fire and he stays warm for the rest of his life.