conquering the treadmill

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
david

conquering the treadmill

Post by david » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:15 pm

The other night I was at a friend's house and she needed help moving her huge, bulky treadmill. I have done this before since she needs to move it every time the cable company comes to fix her internet connection. The tread folds up so that the treadmill ends up looking sort of like the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey--but, even though it's folded, it's crap to move. Every previous time I had to scoot one side at a time, inch by inch, until the treadmill was back in place....

This time I just slapped a paw on each side of it, LIFTED THE WHOLE THING CLEAR OFF THE GROUND, and set it in it's place. I sort of shocked myself there!

Shovelglove make david strong!!!!

--david

Big Phil

Post by Big Phil » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 am

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET TREADMILL!
DON'T MESS WITH HIM AGAIN! :evil:
Maybe you could bring your shovelglove next time to "fix" the treadmill - treadmill versus real walking - don't get me started!

Phil.

phayze

Post by phayze » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:34 pm

Hahahah!

DAVID SMASH PUNY TREADMILL!!
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

david

Post by david » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 pm

No, the treadmill is not my favorite gadget, but my friend seems addicted to it. I just hope it doesn't destroy her knees!

Maybe I could just go around the country smashing exercise equipment I don't like! Let's take Shovelglove to the streets! The fitness revolution will not be televised!

--david

Big Phil

Post by Big Phil » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 pm

The FITNESS AVENGER!

You will need a costume, and a sidekick:-

Phil the Hammerin' Tongan.
:lol:
Phil.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 am

I am waiting for the day when I come across one of those carnival hammer hit the bell games... I'll put them out of business :-)

Reinhard

david

Post by david » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm

This thread is making me want to go around breaking stuff!

Reinhard, I almost went to the state fair this year on the off chance that they had one of those hammer games on the midway. The more unsavory aspects of the fair kept me away, however.

On the conquering front, last night I conquered a big old cast iron stove. We messed up getting the stove out of the truck and ended up with three people on one side and me having to lift and carry the other by myself. It was no problem!

--david