Churn butter

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
tonez323

Churn butter

Post by tonez323 » Fri May 18, 2007 11:00 am

I don't really like the churn butter with the ceiling smash already there and shoulders getting enough work

So what I do is more of a floor smash...
I imagine i'm smashing the sledge into the ground while holding it like a churn butter...it definately puts more emphasis on the abs and that's where u can feel it working also hits chest and triceps more and u gotta lift it back up anyway so it's basically a churn butter but emphasis is on smashing the floor instead of pulling up.

david

Post by david » Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Gravity is already pulling the hammer down--the triceps don't have to work at all to smash the floor. If you are concerned about triceps, tuck the bales and do degraded beast (push ups).

--david

tonez323

Post by tonez323 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:54 pm

You're right,gravity does do all the work.I was just fooling myself into thinking that I was doing any kind of work by smashing the floor.I was only making it easier for myself.

Thanks for worrying about my triceps for me though,because I certainly wasn't. :D

Thanks for setting me straight.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri May 18, 2007 2:01 pm

Hoist the sack is also great for triceps.

Reinhard

david

Post by david » Fri May 18, 2007 3:50 pm

My bad, I meant hoist the sack!

Also, if you are in the churning butter position and you want to smash the floor, all you have to do is let go of the hammer. It barely works anything except gravity and gravity is already buff enough. Working against gravity is a different story.

I don't actually give a rat's ass about your triceps--you brought them up!

--david

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue May 29, 2007 12:14 am

Do this against a tire - like you mean it - and your triceps will burn.
david wrote:My bad, I meant hoist the sack!

Also, if you are in the churning butter position and you want to smash the floor, all you have to do is let go of the hammer. It barely works anything except gravity and gravity is already buff enough. Working against gravity is a different story.

I don't actually give a rat's ass about your triceps--you brought them up!

--david
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

david

Post by david » Tue May 29, 2007 7:13 pm

Pretending to smash the floor and actually smashing a tire are two different things.

--david