Dressing up my shovelglove

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
JillyBean

Dressing up my shovelglove

Post by JillyBean » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:49 am

When it came time for me to wrap my sledgehammer (an 8 pound one), I couldn't find an old sweater or sweatshirt that I wanted to retire, so I took a couple old white hand towels and folded them to the right dimensions and used black electrical tape to secure it. I think it looks pretty snazzy - black and white - like I could take it to a black tie affair.

I have decided to leave it out during the week as I'm using it every day and my 25 year old son noticed it yesterday. "What's with the towel and tape around the sledgehammer, Mom?" My husband laughed, but my son is in the Air National Guard so he's into fitness, and he just shrugged and said, "Huh," as in "sounds intriguing."

Anyway, it seems to be going well. I feel it when I am done, but only for a little while, and I have not been achey or sore at all.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:02 pm

Please post a picture when you get a chance!

We've had some charming shovegloves posted in the past, I think I may set up a gallery if I get a few more:

Here's a particularly fun one:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... fed+animal

Your son might be interested to know about other military shuggers:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2548

Reinhard