What time of day?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Finnigan

What time of day?

Post by Finnigan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Well, it's me again. I'm still trying to get back on the wagon since the Holidays and I think what I really need is to get myself on a better daily schedule.

In my last attempt at a schedule shovelglove was left for just before bed. I feel like this didn't work out so well. I am thinking about trying to exercise in the morning and I figured I would just get other opinions.

So, when do you schedule your SG workouts?

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Shovelglovin' ! ;-) I say you have to try different times and see what works best for you. I used to shovelglove before breakfast but then I found that was too hard.

Now my routine is I have a light breakfast, I wait a few minutes and then I do my exercises, take a shower, etc. The important thing, for me, is not to do the exercises on an empty stomach cos' you don't have a lot of energy then ...

Since I am losing weight now, I have to do more exercises ... so I do my cardio training in the early evening, around 7.15pm, after dinner at 6.30pm.

Marc ;-)