Urban Ranger by necessity

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Francois Tremblay

Urban Ranger by necessity

Post by Francois Tremblay » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:18 pm

Due to the fact of not having a car, I am an Urban Ranger by necessity. But I enjoy walking. I find a lot of ideas can be acquired there, either that or when lying in bed, are my two main sources of inspiration.

However, recently I have been looking for work, with more and more alacrity. This means a minimum of 2 hours of walk (to go to the employment center and back) and sometimes more (if I have to go and show up somewhere). Yesterday I had to walk for four hours. My feet were wrecked, my back was wrecked, my legs had major rashes, and I was thirsty for the rest of the day.

1.5 hours seem to be my comfort zone. 2 hours is pushing it a bit, but I don't really have a choice right now. Still, it's a very nice walk, so I'm not complaining.

Perhaps as I keep doing these 2 hours a day I will be able to extend my range. But eventually I would like to get a bicycle, so I can be spared of the 4 hour ones.
Francois Tremblay
Rabid atheist, Market Anarchist, seditious dog

Hellbound Alleee Show