Podcast #82: Clock & Calendar, your Sword & Shield

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Podcast #82: Clock & Calendar, your Sword & Shield

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:26 pm

Enjoy! (sorry, not what I said I would podcast about -- No S re-assessment will come next month)

Episode 82: The Clock & the Calendar, your Sword & Shield
Posted by Reinhard on 2024-01-31
Build habits by leaning on the clock and calendar rather than fighting against them. Beyond N and S days. Cutesy task phrases. Powerfully silly times. Calendar-First Tasking.

https://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode/82/

Amy3010

Re: Podcast #82: Clock & Calendar, your Sword & Shield

Post by Amy3010 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:32 am

How few and precious they are, indeed. Good to be reminded of this from time to time.

I totally agree with you on the snooze button!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:52 pm

Glad it resonated with you, Amy!

NoSDoc

Post by NoSDoc » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:18 pm

Dear Reinhard!

Thanks you very much for this podcast on the meta systems. I really enjoyed listening to it.

Going WITH the "natural flow" of the calendar makes the system so "sane" and easy to follow. And the use of a timer is so simple yet such a great help: since I use the timer for my study habit and my fitness routine it is much more consistent and therefore I have better, long term results.

I was wondering: do you have a name for your "getting up early"-System. A name that covers the whole habit?

I was also experimenting with weekly habits on special days. I guess this will take me more time and effort to really assimilate that: I work several different shifts in hospital and so does my wife. So rarely does one Thursday look like the other. It is hard to stick a habit to a certain weekday when there is no regularity - at least for me.

Again, thank you, Reinhard!

Looking forewarn to the next episode, all the best

Stefan