Hurtin body

Post here if you have questions about how to use this board.
Terrylynne

Hurtin body

Post by Terrylynne » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi all, really new to the nos plan. One concern I have is my ability to excercise regularly. I have a broken lumbar and problems with my hips and feet. I used to walk 5 km. a day, but now find that to be impossible. I know losing some weight might help ( I'm aprox 40lbs overweight, most of that came from menopause, or at least the timing was suspect.) Will this plan work with a limited excercise plan, and with a very sluggish metabolism?

Terrylynne

Post by Terrylynne » Fri May 02, 2008 3:17 am

Ok going to reply to self. Am shovelgloving using a different tool, but none the less it's working. Am also doing light stretching and this too is helping. So if anyone reads this and is in the same boat as I am know that even aliitle extra with this plan works. Although we shouldn't do the scale thing I have managed to lose 2 lbs my first week and I don't feel like I'm on a diet....too cool! :lol:

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I have rheumatoid arthritis, a bulging lumbar disc, and a stiff right hip from an accident 17 years ago where I was run over while walking. Through all of this (except when I was in a wheelchair) I exercised. When I was IN the wheelchair I went to a gimp gym specializing in wheelchair athletics!

So the answer is yes, it doesn't matter as long as you do something, which is why walking is so great. You can always walk. And Shovelglove is great because you can do it anywhere (well, I can't do it on vacation but I suspect there's a hammer in the family toolshed :)).

And losing weight does help. My pain has gone from a 10 on worse days to a 6.

f