Windom Earle's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

windomearle

Windom Earle's Check-In

Post by windomearle » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:52 am

Tomorrow I will begin documenting my experience with the No S Diet and Shovelglove.

In the past 14 months I have managed to lose 60+ lbs., but I still have major issues with overeating. I hope that No S can help me address that.

Also, I have known about both of these systems since 2005, but this will be the first time I have seriously attempted to follow them more-or-less to the letter.

So, with that, let's get the show on the road...

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Welcome! Great job on the weight you've already lost! Awesome!

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, we're all eager to hear how you get on
When nothing goes right...go left.

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Welcome. You deserve incredible praise for what you have already accomplished. Best of luck here. I hope it takes you even further on your journey of discovery and growth.
I'm baaaack.

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Wow that's an amazing amount of weight to lose, well done! NoS is great for sustainable moderate eating, hopefully it will help you - good luck :)