Jonesy30 Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jonesy30

Jonesy30 Daily Check-in

Post by Jonesy30 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Day 7: Kind of a failure. It's my first fail actually - I had seconds for dinner. :roll:

I found myself extra hungry all day long and was still hungry when I finished dinner. What I am proud of is that I ate b/c I felt like my body needed it instead of just satiating the need to eat for sport.

I am hoping tomorrow is better.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 am

Yup best thing to do is pick oneself up and move onward...I have had to do that many times over the last 3 months...well mostly over my weekends...a few red weekdays, but compared to before...none.

I hope you have a great 8th day!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:24 pm

welcome jonesy. This really works so keep trying!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy