Ljk's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

Ljk's check in

Post by moderatemeals » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:01 am

Monday: SUCCESS

Breakfast: cereal and coffee
Lunch: Potato and Leek soup and 2 spanakopitas
Dinner: Chicken chili, 2 mini corn bread muffins and tortilla chips

Today was a great day. I've done No S on and off for the past 2 years and I want to be a little stricter in my approach so I am going to log again for a little while. I find it helps keep me accountable.

ljk

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:56 am

Tuesday: SUCCESS

Another green day! I can't believe it because I have struggled just getting one green day and now I'm at two.

Breakfast: oatmeal and coffee
Lunch: leftover chicken chili, chips and mini cornbread muffin
Dinner: roast chicken, chips, sweet potatoes and mixed veggies

Good luck to all reading!
ljk

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:36 am

Congratulations and welcome back. It sounds like you are off to a good start.
I'm baaaack.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 am

Wednesday: SUCCESS

Another green day....after so many failed attempts recently to have a green week, I'm shocked that I seem to have the willpower this week. Yeah!! I feel really good and am hoping for the rest of the week to be all green!

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean cereal
Lunch: Omelette, chips, yogurt
Dinner: Chicken, chips, yogurt, edamame

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Thursday: SUCCESS!

Lunch: Veggie omelet
Dinner: chicken fajita salad, few french fries and breaded zucchini and mushrooms

Wow...I cannot believe I have had 4 green days in a row and it's actually seemed pretty easy. I've had a super busy week which always helps. I'm really looking forward to a treat tomorrow and because I've been green all week I feel like I really can enjoy it!

ljk

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 am

Friday: SUCCESS

Breakfast: kashi Go Lean cereal
Lunch: Lean Cuisine pizza & pop chips
Dinner: Carry out pizza and chips

Okay, a really unhealthy day of meals...and it wasn't planned to have pizza twice in one day which I never do! But, I made it through my first ALL GREEN week in I don't know how long and I am so happy. I feel great and am looking forward to a treat tomorrow.

I am really hoping that this is the time it finally clicks for me. I read one of Reinhard's comments on a post that he has been doing this for 10 years and that really inspired me! If he can do it for 10 years, surely I can do it for one week :) Plus, doing this for 10 years and sticking with it really proves that this is something that is achievable and sustainable. I've always known this is something that would work for me and now I've just got to create the habit. One week down....

good luck to all reading!

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:40 am

Good for you, go for the GREEN!! :mrgreen:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

SUNDAY: [color=green]SUCCESS[/color]

breakfast: cereal and coffee
lunch: omelet, chips
dinner: grilled halibut, asparagus and mashed potatoes

I had a great weekend though I definitely overindulged on Saturday. And I decided to make Friday and Saturday my S days because we tend to have social or family events on that night. But I found Sunday relatively easy to skip sweets and snacks and today I am feeling pretty good.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

:) 8) :mrgreen:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks Sweetness for your encouragement! It's always nice to see that when I log in :D

Tuesday: FAILURE

Boo! I was doing so well and hate having to add a red to my calendar. Oh well, I'm just going to mark it and move on. I snacked a little before dinner because I was starving and then once I 'ruin' the day, I figure why not have a little chocolate to go with my red mark?! Ugh. I need to stop that mentality! But, it was not a binge at all, so that always is a small success for me.

Breakfast: oatmeal and coffee
Lunch: 2 tacos and chips
Dinner: Pork chop, roll and green beans
+ snacks of chips and sweets of chocolate and few bites of ice cream

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Celebrate small successes! 8) :lol:
Patty

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Wednesday: FAILURE

A very small failure but one nonetheless. I had a handful of tortilla chips and a few graham cracker bunnies before bed because I was starving. I should have just gone to bed or at least made myself a small bowl of cereal instead. Just happy I didn't cave into the chocolate or ice cream so a small success in that department.

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: taco, salsa and chips
Dinner: same as lunch...was trying to finish leftovers from the day before!

I still feel good and I'm determined to just keep moving forward!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Maybe you could try eating more for dinner, or eat dinner later in the evening. Also you could have a glass of milk, then wait 10 minutes and see if the feeling passes, that's worked for me. :wink:
Patty

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks Sweetness for the recommendation! I have never tried the glass of milk so I will do that next time. I was sick yesterday so didn't eat per normal and today is my S day along with tomorrow. I will post again on Sunday.

gk

Post by gk » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:15 am

I'm back. :)

Looks like you're doing great. Good to see you hanging in there. :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

Sunday: SUCCESS!

Today was a hard day but I stuck to No S and feel good this morning. (I take Fri and Sat as my S days).

Today is a S day for me but I am going to try to limit it to one sweet instead of the normal free for all that usually happens on my S day.

ljk

gk

Post by gk » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:32 pm

ljk2009 wrote:Sunday: SUCCESS!

Today was a hard day but I stuck to No S and feel good this morning.

Awesome!!!!! :D

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:29 am

Tuesday: FAILURE

Bummer...so close to success and then caved for some homemade pumpkin bread after dinner. I will shout out my small success of no candy today though which for me is a major SUCCESS.

PS For those of you encouraged by success measured via scale...I am currently down to my lowest weight in years based on following this plan. I definitely have my good and bad days but overall this way of eating has proven successful for me over the past 2 years! I only fluctuate a few pounds and I find it's directly correlated to how many successes or failures I have in a week (no surprise there though!) I really want to ramp it up for the holidays so I can enjoy my treats without the winter weight gain!

gk

Post by gk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Good job resisting the Halloween candy! Boy, the days after Halloween sure test the willpower, don't they?!?

Thanks for posting your note about success measured via the scale. That was very encouraging.

Keep up the great work! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Celebrate small successes! 8)
Patty

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 am

MONDAY: SUCCESS!

Lunch: veggie omelet and chips
Dinner: Pasta bolognese, green beans, bread and a few pita chips

gk

Post by gk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Good job! :)