DishDash's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

DishDash

DishDash's check-in

Post by DishDash » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Day 1: SUCCES!!

Lets see where this gets me :)

honey

Post by honey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 am

Congratulations on your day 1 success! Good luck x

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks! :)

DAY 2: Succes!
DAY 3: Succes!

I have to say I am a little bit surprised that I can do perfectly well between the meals without snacking. Im not even hungry, why was I snacking in the first place??..

Selina

Post by Selina » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Haha that's a nice realization (:
You are off to a good start!

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Day 4: succes!
Day 5: fail... couldnt resist a cookie and its only a friday :(

Day 6 will will be better!

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Day 6: S-Day, induldges in a snack and a sweet.

I decided to eat sweets only when they were made by myself. Soooo.. baking brownies from scratch tomorrow. A good excuse to rummage through the Chocolate recipe book!

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Day 7: S-day (FAILED in moderation)

Lunch: 2x slices whole grain oven bread with cheese, 1,5 boiled eggs and cherry tomatoes

SNACK lots and lots of cookies... :?

Dinner: dumplings and a brownie

The rest of the brownies to be distributed to family members and colleagues..

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Day 8: FAIL bigtime

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Day 9: SUCCES! : )

DishDash

Post by DishDash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:25 am

The past few weeks have been difficult. From the 27 days that I tried to follow the NoS, 10 Ndays were successful, 6 were official S days and the other 11 failed (HabitCal). It went good in the beginning (then I rewarded myself with an introductory yoga class), then there was weekend and on monday it was awfully difficult to get back on track.

The no snacking and seconds are ok to deal with, but I cant resist the chocolate. The point is, that when I see the scale dropping I stuff myself with it, which is not making it drop further... That stuffing happens in the evening.

For the background, I weigh about 64kg (3kg less than a year ago) and am about 165 cm tall. Im a little on the soft side, so my goal is to get fitter and drop below the 60kg line.

For these 2 weeks I have the following goals:
- No SWEETS/ No snacks/ No seconds
- Weekends are N-days
- 1 S-day in these two weeks (dad's birthday)
- 3 times in the week to the gym
- Walk up the stairs, get out of public transport 1 stop before destination, get my bike to workplace.
- At the end of these two weeks (on the 15 March) I will reward myself with a trip to the bookstore.

Motivation/ To aid me do that:
- Countdown on my phone till I can spoil myself with books
- Joined pilates classes (mondays) and squash classes (wednesday) so that's 2 days covered.
- Made sure that I have other stuff to do in the evenings.
- Tried a pair of jeans on which I got on vacation two months ago - well, they dont fit..

weddingdresses

Post by weddingdresses » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 am

The no snacking and seconds are ok to deal with, but I cant resist the chocolate. The point is, that when I see the scale dropping I stuff myself with it, which is not making it drop further... That stuffing happens in the evening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trumpet Wedding Dresses|New Style Wedding Dresses|Wedding Dresses with Sleeves|New Style Flower Girl Dresses