jojo's checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jojo2010

jojo's checking in

Post by jojo2010 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 am

Feb 1 2012~I'm back!
I have put a lot of thought into my key for success,and this will be 3 to 4 meals a day,everyday the same!There may be a dessert here or there or a cookie for breakfast,but the reason I am in my predicament is compulsive overeating.So when I am on the brink of losing it,there will be that (4th meal) as my airbag.
Any thoughts,successes/not successes and weight will also be posted.

Steam cleaned the carpets today (having people over for super bowl so good incentive to do a mid-winter freshen up) Running around and did not eat breakfast until 2pm.

The numbers:207.2 today
Last October 2011:216~ Highest weight ever!

Success

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Welcome to NoS Jojo! Good luck building those habits :)

You might find that as you get used to the plan, you can cut down to 3 meals consistently, and cut out sweets/dessert on N days altogether. A lot of people start with just tackling one S at a time e.g. no snacks for a solid week, then when that habit is down, add in no seconds, then no sweets etc. Slow sustained progress is better than an 'all or nothing' approach sometimes!

jojo2010

Post by jojo2010 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:25 am

Thanks milliem... :D The "all or nothing approach" has not done me well...

Thurs Feb 2:Success (2)
Fri Feb 3:Not good...A little too much good wine..plus Klondike bar (s)
scale:206
Sat Feb 4:Success (1)

jojo2010

Post by jojo2010 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 am

Sun 5:Not Success Took as S-day for Superbowl....worth it!
Mon 6:Success (1)
Tues 7:Success (2) (both very hard for some reason and not stellar)
Wed 8:Success(3),much energy, took longer route on nightly walk.Also taking care of house full of people with pneumonia/bronchitis.