Gobble's Check-In 2012 I am going to make this work!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gobble

Gobble's Check-In 2012 I am going to make this work!

Post by Gobble » Tue May 22, 2012 5:19 am

Pep-talk to Myself: Okay, this starting over stuff is just so stupid. I just need to decide that this is the way of eating for me and then DO IT!

HABIT-HABIT-HABIT!

Okay, I actually do have the habit of 3 plates a day and I don't have any problems between meals or in the evenings....BUT they are pretty full plates so my plan is to start downsizing my plate this week.

I want to keep my breakfast the same...I love my breakfast...it is always 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 2 thin slices of homemade toast, butter, jam, and earl grey tea...Yum!

So, for lunch this week I am going to a smaller plate....not small, small.....more like a medium plate......I'm hoping to gradually reduce my food because I do not want to feel hungry between meals. (Hoping my stomach shrinks without me noticing it....ha! Am I kidding myself?)

I haven't even gotten to the point of losing any weight yet....but I am willing to give it time. I really want it to be a lifetime way of eating. I CAN DO THIS!

Todays meals:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 thin slices toast, butter, jam, earl grey tea
Lunch: 3 tacos in corn tortillas, 1 thin toast, little peanut butter, little jam, coffee, cream
Supper: grilled salmon, salad w/ranch, wild rice mix, tea

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 am

Day 2 Success

Couldn't let myself eat less today, though. Not sure if I should use a smaller plate or put a usual size meal on my plate and quit eating before it is finished.

Also, wondering if I am using pb toast in place of a dessert....may need to delete that item unless it is an actual pb/jam sandwich meal.

B: same
L: salmon, salad, thin toast w/pb/jam, coffee, cream
D: eggs, hash brown casserole, sausage, biscuits, butter, jam, and tea

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Gobble wrote:Day 2 Success

Couldn't let myself eat less today, though. Not sure if I should use a smaller plate or put a usual size meal on my plate and quit eating before it is finished.

Also, wondering if I am using pb toast in place of a dessert....may need to delete that item unless it is an actual pb/jam sandwich meal.

B: same
L: salmon, salad, thin toast w/pb/jam, coffee, cream
D: eggs, hash brown casserole, sausage, biscuits, butter, jam, and tea
Hmmm...I could never leave food uneaten on my plate having grown up hearing about all the starving children in China and so I needed to clean my plate. :roll: I would opt for a smaller plate because visually it looks "full" to you, but obviously contains less food.
As for the pb toast with jam along with your salmon and salad...I think I would have one or the other as a meal, but not together at the same meal. Maybe add fruit salad or other sorts of fruit to your plate instead? It would feel like dessert in a sense, but perfectly within NoS boundaries.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Wed May 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks, Mimi. I am really appreciating your advice. I think you are right about the pb toast.....and to be truthful, I knew in the back of my mind that it was more like a dessert.

I'm going to try to start adding fruit.....bread is just so much more comforting for some reason though.....probably because it has the same effect as sugar I would guess.

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm going to try to start adding fruit.....bread is just so much more comforting for some reason though.....probably because it has the same effect as sugar I would guess.

Well, then have your bread, Gobble! Just put a little butter on it and be happy! Remember, you are more apt to stick with this if you are eating foods that are satisfying to you. Fruit might sound better, but if bread is what you want and is what will keep you happy and NoEssing, then have bread!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!