new member checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MJ7910

new member checking in

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 am

I just started No S on Thursday. Had successful Thurs and Fri and S days sat and Sun. found that i wasn't happy with the dessert i got sunday so i ended up not making it today and getting a dessert. i know what i did wrong though. i should have just put everything for lunch on one plate, not overdo it. but of course i couldn't once i got started. it was that "oh what the hell" syndrome. i hate when i do that! hoping to make the rest of the week successful N days. I think one thing is i have to eat publicly, at a table. i can't just run around eating a meal. doesn't work that way. oh well, i did ok. i think the reason i wanted to overdo it is i got on the scale and was 4 lb heavier then the last time. i know i didn't gain 4 lb in a week but it pissed me off and i had that what the hell feeling all day.
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am

Hang in there and be sure to go easy on yourself while you are learning the habits. If your goal is peace with your eating, you are in the right place!

MJ7910

MJ7910 checking in, my second day using this

Post by MJ7910 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:12 pm

success today. i was tempted to have a chocolate pudding but i stopped myself realizing that it would be so nice to have a green light today after a red one yesterday. i was thinking about how if i want this pudding they will still be here on saturday, an S day. i want to plan a nice treat for Saturday but not the whole day of gluttony like last sunday was. i guess i just need to think of what i really want to do. what do you all like on your s days?
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.