Gobble Checkin'in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gobble

Gobble Checkin'in

Post by Gobble » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:52 am

Took a temporary break from NoS because my husband wanted me to go on another diet with him....so glad that that is over with. I know this is the most sane diet and very happy to be at it again.

I've been green for a week now....my weekend could have been better.

Not expecting to lose weight for a while, just want to grow habit.

B-2 eggs, tiny bit sausage/bacon/jalapenos, 1 toast w/butter/jam, tea
L-hamburger and sauteed veggies w/little rice, banana, coffee w/cream
D-salmon, broccoli, rice, banana, tea

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 am

Had a good green day today. Had an opportunity to cave in but had no real desire to do so. Fixed grilled chicken and potato salad and headed to the lakeside with all the adult kids in my life along with the man in my life (DH).

I love it when the opportunity is there but I have no real desire to cave. Thank you Lord.

B-same as yesterday
L-same as yesterday
D-1 grilled chicken thigh, potato salad, banana, iced tea
SW-210.8
GW-199 (comfortable weight for now)

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Made it through my first day of an extended 4 day weekend with the boys gone....went to Chinese for lunch and, yes, I had a large plate of food....but only 1 large plate. I added special fruit to my plate at dinner time for a treat....thanks to Oolala for that idea and boy did those grapes taste good!

I didn't have anything the whole evening as we watched a long movie. It was so nice. The only S event I technically did yesterday was have a frappuccino at Barnes and Nobles.

It was an excellent day.

My S day weekend usually starts after dinner on Fridays (till dinner on Sun) .....because we have popcorn and movies on Friday so all I have to do is hold out till tonight. Funny thing is, I don't even feel like I am "having to hold out" ....it just feels so good to eat this way most of the time.

I am so thankful for all the help on this forum. I really think I may be able to go to the next phase in this journey....which for me would be a small plate .....we will see.
SW-210.8
GW-199 (comfortable weight for now)