Jen's Weekly Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jenniw_2003

Jen's Weekly Check In

Post by jenniw_2003 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Day 1- Wasn't that great. Kept snacking for some reason since I hardly ever did before :? But I did eat a light lunch but then the husband suggested pizza for dinner, which I tend to have no self control when it comes to pizza.

Day 2 - Went much better. No snacking at all and only 1 plate of food for each meal. Went and bought more veggies and that was the majority of my plate at supper.

Day 3 - went great. No snacking although I was tempted to in between lunch and supper. I think that will be a hard time for me that I really have to make a conscience effort to avoid the snacking.

Day 4 - Continuing to be great. Eating a lot more salads than before but I don't mind cause they are good and fill me and keep me full.

Day 5 - went great again. No urge to snack at all!!

Day 6 - S day. Also weigh in!! Lost 3.4 lbs!!

Day 7 - S day.

animated

Post by animated » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Good stuff Jen!

I have water when I'm feeling snacky. It's often enough to get my mind out of the snack want.

Might help for you too. :)
Height 6'0"
Start Date: Aug 27, 2012
Start Weight : 239.6 lbs
Current Weight : 206.5 lbs
Goal Weight : 199.9 lbs

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Awesome week!!