Cyn's Daily

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Cynthya

Cyn's Daily

Post by Cynthya » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm back, after having lost 20 pounds on Weight Watchers over the summer. After that, I stalled out -- just couldn't take counting things any more! Or eating ersatz food just to save the points.

While I haven't put back more than a few pounds in the three months I've been free-wheeling it, I have developed a bad snacking habit, as well as a sugar jones.

Clearly, I need some boundaries if I want to continue to lose weight. I think No S is the "middle road" between constant accounting and lawless grazing. This time around, though, I'm going to check in every day and enlist the support of those who have gone successfully before me on these boards.

So here's to a return to sanity and a sustainable, healthy lifestyle!

pasofan

Post by pasofan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

I am wishing you the best of everything on your journey to health !

1 Timothy 5:23[/quote]

pasofan

Post by pasofan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

pasofan wrote:I am wishing you the best of everything on your journey to health !

1 Timothy 5:23

Cynthya

Hello again -- I'm back!

Post by Cynthya » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Having another go at it. Weight is creeping back up from my 20 pound Weight Watchers loss, and I just can't do the WW thing again. I can't stand thinking about and obsessing over every single bite I put in my mouth -- so much psychic energy wasted!

That's what I love about No S. The parameters are simple, and require little additional thought or planning. Should I have the cookie? Can I afford a handful of chips? Not unless it's Saturday or Sunday. So beautifully concise!

Here's to forming the No S habit for life!

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 am

Hi Cyn I a. Back after calorie counting. Here is to freedom from obsession of food!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Imogen Morley

Re: Hello again -- I'm back!

Post by Imogen Morley » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:39 am

Cynthya wrote: That's what I love about No S. The parameters are simple, and require little additional thought or planning. Should I have the cookie? Can I afford a handful of chips? Not unless it's Saturday or Sunday. So beautifully concise!
I wholeheartedly agree. With No S we can take our minds off our palates and go do something more interesting than tallying up calories.