Day 1

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Musict1107

Day 1

Post by Musict1107 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 am

Started on an S day. Ate a big breakfast: egg, sausage, coffee, strawberries with blueberries and one slice of raisin toast, which I thoroughly enjoyed because I've been doing atkins. Did not even think of snacking. (Even though I kew it would have been ok) Lunchtime was on the road. Wendy's chicken sand w a side salad. No snacking all afternoon! Felt I overdid it at dinner by adding dessert but not going to feel guilty! Enjoyed helping my daughters chose the bridesmaids dresses, well, trying them on at east. No decision yet!
:lol:
"Life is a symphony. Play your part!" Steve Schuch

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Congratulations on your first day. I think you were smart to start out on an S day so you can feel successful no matter what happens. Peace. Kat

(I have visions of that TV show, Say Yes to the Dress:Bridesmaids. Love that show... :wink: )
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Morning :wink:

Sounds like you are in a "good place" with this plan. Congrats on the upcoming marriage in your family, when is the wedding?
Berry

No BS

Post by No BS » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi Music1107:

Terrific idea starting on an "S" Day! :)

Hope you have a super week & enjoy contributing to this forum regularly!!
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!