AlBol's Daily Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

albol

AlBol's Daily Check in

Post by albol » Thu May 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi there,
I first started with No S at the new year. And in the three months to April I did lose a small amount of weight. Stupidly, though I decided it wasn't working fast enough :oops: and have been off the diet since. And what's happened? The pounds have crept back on (and more!) and I'm left with the feeling that food is in control of me and not the other way round. So, I vow, from tomorrow (17th May 2013) to check in with my progress on the No-S diet, putting it up so that you, the other members of the Everyday Systems forum can name and shame me if I fall off the wagon again. :)

Thanks to Reinhard for a great website and a great inspiration. A journey like this has to start some time so, why not now?

Weight: 97kg (height 1.87m)

Friday, 18th May 2013 - Success!

albol

Post by albol » Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Monday 20th May 2013 - Success.

This glass ceiling thing may well need a bit of work though. I may have to alter my British-learnt attitude to drinking considerably.

albol

Post by albol » Thu May 23, 2013 2:41 am

Tuesday 21st May
and Wednesday 22nd May
Both successes

I'm also noticing that leaving sweets completely alone is much easier than starting to eat them and then trying to stop.

albol

Post by albol » Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 pm

So, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit posting before midnight, but I'm pretty sure I can count that as a "success".

I had my first major challenge today as I was round at a friend's house having already eaten when they decided to get Chinese takeaway. :oops: Still, my resolve held firm and I'm still green!

Same said be can't be said for the glass ceiling though, as I had three small (330ml) bottles of beer.

albol

Post by albol » Sat May 25, 2013 6:35 am

Friday, 24th May 2013 - Another NoS success, and a glass ceiling success despite the fact it was a Friday.

It is definitely getting easier (again). I'll be interested to see what my behaviour is like this weekend, what with me living in Germany and today being a massive Champions League Final party. The glass ceiling might well be in grave danger tonight, anyway.

albol

Post by albol » Tue May 28, 2013 2:34 pm

The weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday was almost an N day where food's concerned as I almost "forget" the restrictions were off. On Sunday, I took a few more liberties where food is concerned, due to the size of my hangover.

Yes massive glass ceiling failure on Saturday night :oops:

Yesterday, however, I was back on the right track with a wholly successful S-Day.