starting new today

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MB

starting new today

Post by MB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:23 pm

I am 34 years old and have a 5 month old baby. I have lost 20 pounds in past with no s guidelines but back to start again. I am a teacher so having the summer off will be a great time to start. I currently weigh 213 and would like to lose down to 170 at least. I would like to check in with my menus each day to help. My short term goal is 200 by end of summer.

Breakfast- cereal,1% milk,frozen pineapple
Lunch-Smart ones frozen meal,banana,string cheese,coke zero
Dinner will be pot roast,mashed potatoes,green beans,garlic bread,and sweet tea.

I bought publix sweet tea. It has 70 calories a glass,less than most juice so I figure if that keeps me going I will have it just with dinner. I may even water it down some. Girls from the south all agree we are addicted to our sweet tea! Lol:-)

[/img]

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

Welcome Back & congratulations on your new baby. :D
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)