Triumph the wonder-girl

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Triumph

Triumph the wonder-girl

Post by Triumph » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 pm

OK, so I read every message and thread on this board 8 times, as is my nature, and now I feel ready to start.

My history is similar to most, weight gain after having children, diet obsession ever since. I was 270 pounds at my highest and sit at 225 today. Despite months of only eating 500 calories a day or avoiding all carbs or eating like a cave-girl, I have never seen lower than 205 since the birth of my first child.

More than losing weight, I would like to be able to stop thinking about losing weight, from what I have read No-S may fit the bill. I eat every kind of food but I have been actively trying to cut down on wheat, I find my asthma is better controlled when I eat less wheat. I am learning to bake without it. But, the moment I decide NO WHEAT EVER, I inhale a sub sandwich. I am rather oppositionally defiant.

Nothing to lose but useless brain chatter, so I'm diving in.

August 5 - Day 1
Food plan
B- greek yogurt and two pumpkin protein muffins
L- spinach and goat cheese quiche, almond butter, celery and carrots
D- grain-free pizza with roasted vegetables, green salad

Drinks- coffee with half and half, water with lemon.

So, that's the plan, it looks like rather more food than I would normally eat but I think staying full between meals will be important.

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 am

End of Day 2 - so far so good.

I am rather sick with a summer cold, my appetite is not good, so that may be helping.

Food today
Crazy coconut flour microwave muffin experiment (I will not be repeating)

Leftover onion cheeseburger on a sandwich thin

homemade subs - I had a 1/4 size and some potato salad

Lots and lots of tea and a small glass of kefir.

ok, so veggies were pretty non-existent today, I'll do better tomorrow.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:32 am

Hey congrats on two days down. This diet has definitely helped me to stop obsessing about food 24/7. It's such a relief!

Btw how long did it take you to read all those posts?? And now I'm curious about the muffin experiment although not a huge coconut fan!

Anyway good luck & hang in there!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Lpearlmom - I spent several weeks coming here in the evenings and reading for a bit, before I decided to give it a go. I am a total researcher, become an expert first, kind of gal.

The muffins were just too eggy for me, odd texture, even if the taste was nice. I have a good almond flour recipe, but it's pretty high in calories, let me find it and I"ll edit this post.

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:19 pm

So, one week down.
Thoughts - I was sick all week and the inhaler I use is basically a stimulant and kills my appetite, so it may have seemed easier than it will be in the future.
I lost 6 pounds, no one is more surprised than I am.
I screwed up once, I had a third slice of pizza on Thursday night. It wasn't on my initial plate.
First few days, I missed eating in the afternoons before dinner and at night after dinner. By the end of the week, I was only thinking about snacks in that hour before bed and it was an occasional thought rather than a constant looping want.
Saturday was my first S-day, it made me a little nervous, I don't want to gain back those pounds by Monday. So I think I ate too little for breakfast and lunch and then I was a little hungry in the afternoon and had a small bowl of ice cream and then some natural Doritos, they were kind of stale and yucky.
Dinner was not as much fun as I expected because I wasn't really hungry.

Today, I had a nice fruit and protein smoothie
Lunch will be ham and cheese wrap
dinner is leftovers, so turkey bolognese or jambalaya
I also made some oatmeal apple butter bars for the week and I'll be sure to have one before Monday.

Triumph

Back for October

Post by Triumph » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:33 pm

I am back for a really focused October. I joined the October challenge thread and I have an alarm set on my phone to check-in here every evening.

It doesn't seem like it will be a stressful day, so perhaps a good day 1.
My son is home with a cold, I have some errands and desk work to get through, but will stay at home to keep an eye on the boy.

My plan right now is a big protein and fruit smoothie for breakfast. Lunch will be leftovers and I have split pea soup in the slow cooker for dinner, I will also make some grilled cheese sandwiches.

In case of emergency I have V-8 and a multitude of teas.

Triumph

October 1

Post by Triumph » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 am

End of day
:)

B- protein smoothie

L- Atkins frozen meal
Honeycrisp apple

D - split pea soup and grilled cheese, Ezekiel bread

Other - coconut water, half and half in coffee

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Well done on your first day! I'm participating in the October challenge too :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

automatedeating

Hi triumph!

Post by automatedeating » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm

I saw you're doing the October challenge.... Happy birthday! Hope your month is going well.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2