LilacZeena's Check- In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LilacZeena

LilacZeena's Check- In

Post by LilacZeena » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi, I started the No S Diet a few years ago. To maintain my weight. I am 158cm and weigh round 45-47 kg.

However, I found myself quitting after a while. I love sweets. My mum always brings home some cake, such as cheese cake, and roll cake or chocolate cake. Sometimes cupcakes. I don't really eat a lot of those. However I do love getuk ( a traditional dessert made from cassava) and many other traditional sweets.

Although I didn't experience any weight gain, I feel like I am losing intuition and control due to my greed.

I eat far past the point of satiation. Sometimes downing 3 plates of food followed by sweets :oops: or just constantly eat. I do however, eat when I am hungry. But this lifestyle, is just so costly.

So I started my nos journey again, yesterday. Yesterday was a good day. My default meals usually are quite large plate of rice as the base, topped with some sort of vegetables such as stir fry and soups and all. Really healthy and YUMMY !!! The other half is usually topped of with some protein, like omelette, tamagoyaki, fried or grilled BBQ chicken, fried fish, curry, TEMPE. I love tempe. I do end up overfilling, however I love the sense of control I have over my days.

Today though was a red day. However, I do not feel any quilt about it as I ate again as I was truly hungry.

So today's food diary:

Breakfast
1 Plate Red Rice topped of with fried Tempe and steamed and seasoned vegetables with a banana
Lunch
1 plate red rice topped of with tamagoyaki and fried tempe with steamed and seasoned vegetables with a banana
Dinner
1 plate red rice topped of with fried fish and tempe with steamed and seasoned vegetables and vegetable stirfry with a banana

RED Meals
Later on at night, I felt hungry so ate. I plate red rice topped of with fried fish and steamed tofu with soup and 3 bananas and 2 oranges.

Then my mum gave me some getuk, so I had that too.

This is however, a massive reduction from my usual meals and so am still adjusting to the hunger. Thank You GUYS!!! :P :P :P :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mestahl

Post by mestahl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Welcome back - coming from someone who lost weight with a traditional diet and then gained some of it back - maintenance is the hardest thing to do. You will have to share some of your No S Diet wisdom with us Newbies.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Welcome back!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6