Mizuno123 check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mizuno123

Mizuno123 check in

Post by mizuno123 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:11 am

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will begin my check-in on this thread.
I am a new member to the No S website. I am a long time calorie accountant ready to retire! I am happy with my weight after all of this counting , but my eating habits aren't really all that normal. I am looking for a sustainable maintenance plan.

I am going to do plain, vanilla No S.
I am also going to do the two drink ceiling. However, I am going to modify this rule to also include coffee. So in other words, I can only have (max) 2 cups of coffee and two servings of alcohol per day. I rarely drink alcohol, but my caffeine problem is legendary.

I already have a sustainable, enjoyable exercise plan.

Best wishes to all,

Mizuno123

samosaurus

Post by samosaurus » Mon May 19, 2014 1:38 am

Hey welcome! I'm a newbie too, so far I've found no-s to be a fantastic plan for all us retired 'calorie accountants' lol. Good luck tomorrow, hope it's a solid green day for you!
instagram: sam_as_always

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 am

Welcome to the sanity of NoS! Looking forward to reading your thread.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

mizuno123

Post by mizuno123 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:49 am

Day one a success

Found myself fairly hungry between meals, but realized that it is not a debilitating feeling. I had the instant urge to eat a snack when I was anxious about work this afternoon, and refrained. Overall a good day!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot and meet a wonderful group of supportive posters here.

I can agree with your comment about feeling slightly hungry, I embrace that feeling as it surely means that my body is using up what I have "fed" it, rather than storing it. I don't like the feeling of being "full", makes me uncomfortable.
Berry